The Harvard Graduate Students in Linguistics (HGSL) committee is dedicated to the goal of enhancing the overall experience of graduate students in the department. Recent projects include:
- “Praat for Linggrads” tutorial: a two-session workshop on using Praat, a software used for phonetic analysis
- Graduate Student Workshop: an annual one-day conference held in the Fall semester, in which graduate students from our department can present their ongoing research projects
- “LaTeX for Linggrads” tutorial: a three-session workshop on using LaTeX, specifically catering to linguists
- The Linguistics Department T-shirt Project (design by Laurence B-Violette and Dorothy Ahn)
Executive Committee Members (2016-17)
- Aurore Gonzalez, President: responsible for leading the committee toward the fulfillment of its set goal, and coordinating contact with the administration of the Department of Linguistics.
- Gunnar Lund: VP Social: responsible for the organization of our monthly Happy Hour, as well as other social events including the MIT Mixer (a joint event with graduate students in Linguistics at MIT).
- Shannon Bryant, VP Finance: responsible for maintaining the budget of the committee.
- Yuyin He, VP Communications: responsible for promoting the events in GSAS Bulletin, GSC online calendar, Spell-Out and departmental Facebook page.