The Harvard Graduate Students in Linguistics (HGSL) committee is dedicated to the goal of enhancing the overall experience of graduate students in the department. Recent projects include:
- “Praat for Linggrads” tutorial: a two-session workshop on using Praat, a software used for phonetic analysis
- Graduate Student Workshop: an annual one-day conference held in the Fall semester, in which graduate students from our department can present their ongoing research projects
- “LaTeX for Linggrads” tutorial: a three-session workshop on using LaTeX, specifically catering to linguists
- The Linguistics Department T-shirt Project (design by Laurence B-Violette and Dorothy Ahn)
Tamisha Tan , President:
- responsible for leading the HGSL committee toward the fulfillment of its set goal, and coordinating contact with the administration of the Department of Linguistics.