Open Positions in Linguistics
The Department of Linguistics at Harvard University seeks to fill two positions: a College Fellow position and a Lecturer, Assistant/Associate Professor of Syntax position. Please contact Cheryl Murphy for more details.
Marek's Thesis Defense
The Caland System in the North: Archaism and Innovation in Property-Concept/State Morphology in Balto-Slavic
Friday, April 28 | 11am-1pm | Boylston 303
Senior Thesis Colloquium
Thursday, April 27 | 3:00pm | Boylston Hall 303
The Department Senior Thesis Colloquium will take place this Thursday, April 27th, from 3pm to 5pm in Boylston 303. The event will feature presentations from Andrew Sheeler and Nancy Fan. Everyone is welcome! Please see the poster for details.
Linguistics Spring Reception
Thursday, April 27 | 5:30pm | Boylston Hall, 3rd Floor
This year's Spring Reception will take place on Thursday, April 27, in the department lounge. We hope to see there you for some good food and time. Refreshments will be provided. Everyone is very much welcome to attend and mingle!
Active Shooter Training
There will be a training for dealing with an active shooter situation on Friday, April 28, 2017 at 10am in the Fong Auditorium.
Linguistics Circle Workshop
Raffaella Zanuttini (Yale)
The structure of presentatives
Wednesday, April 26 | 5pm | Boylston 105
Harvard at LSRL 47
The following talks featured Harvard presenters at the 47th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages (LSRL), 2017 that took place at The University of Delaware, April 20-23.
- Aurore Gonzalez and Dora Mihoc: "Bare nominals in French and Romanian"
- Isabelle Charnavel: "French causal puisque-clauses in the light of (not)-at-issueness"
Yuyin at ECO5
Yuyin He presented her work titled "A Glimpse of Mandarin Obligatory Control" at the East Coast Syntax Workshop (ECO5), a workshop that took place at the Unversity of Connecticut, April 15, 2017.
Gašper at MBB Poster Showcase
Gašper Beguš will be presenting a poster titled "Inherently weighted constraints" at the Mind, Brain, and Behavior poster showcase, here at Harvard University, in the Northwest Building Cafe, at 4pm on April 24.
Linguistics Concentrators at ARTS FIRST
Four linguistics concentrators will be performing at this years ARTS FIRST, a festival of student and faculty creativity:
- Brian Rolincik ‘18, The Harvard Din & Tonics, 1:30pm-1:50pm, Plaza Tent (ARTS FIRST Performance Fair, Saturday April 29)
- Amy Morrisett ‘19, FUSIAN, 1:30pm-1:50pm, Yard Stage; ‘Cliffe Notes, 3:30pm-3:50pm, Busch Hall (ARTS FIRST Performance Fair, Saturday April 29)
- Christian Savarese ‘19, Veritones, 2:00pm-2:20pm, Yard Stage (ARTS FIRST Performance Fair, Saturday April 29)
- Aidan Connaughton ‘19, Harvard University Band, 4:30pm-4:50pm, Yard Stage (ARTS FIRST Performance Fair, Saturday April 29)