Harvard at Frontiers in Comparative Metrics
Linguistics Circle Workshop
Brian Dillon (UMass Amherst)
"Grammatical illusions in sentence processing: at the interface of performance and competence"
Friday, October 6th | 3:30pm | Boylston 105
GSAS Indo-European and Historical Linguistics Workshop
Joseph Eska (Virginia Tech)
"Laryngeal realism and implications for Celtic"
Wednesday, October 4th | 5pm | Boylston 335
"Celtic equatives, Indo-European abstract nouns, and typology"
Thursday, October 5th | 12pm | Boylston 335
van der Wal Wins Teaching Award
Visiting Professor Jenneke van der Wal has won the Harvard University Certificate of Distinction in Teaching from the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning for Ling 117r "Linguistic Field Methods". Congratulations!
Aggazzotti, Bottoms, Fuchs, Gonzalez, Nalani, Stranahan, and Sturm Win Teaching Awards
Cristina Aggazzotti, Andrew Bottoms, Zuzanna Fuchs, Aurore Gonzalez, Andrew Nalani, Laine Stranahan, and Julia Sturm have won the Harvard University Certificate of Distinction in Teaching from the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning for the following courses:
- Cristina Aggazzotti: Ling 101 'The Science of Language'
- Andrew Bottoms: Ling 73b "Beginning American Sign Language II"
- Zuzanna Fuchs: Ling 106 "Knowledge of Meaning"
- Aurore Gonzalez: Ling 106 "Knowledge of Meaning"
- Andrew Nalani: Ling 117r "Linguistic Field Methods"
- Laine Stranahan: Ling 132 "Psychosemantics"
- Julia Sturm: Ling 107 "Introduction to Indo-European"